THE MAIDENERGY APPROACH
MaidEnergy is a renewable energy Society, created to tackle the climate crisis and support the growth of locally generated and locally owned renewable energy in Maidenhead, Windsor, Egham, Staines and the surrounding area. We are a community business, democratically run, with an asset lock to preserve the solar panels or other energy generation infrastructure for the benefit of the community.
MaidEnergy works by:
- Finding community buildings that are interested in cutting carbon emissions
- Raising community finance from people in the local area and throughout the UK, through the issuing and managing of community share schemes, to fund installations
- Providing all relevant legal documents and arranging grid export capability
- Managing the installation and all ongoing maintenance
- Working with sites to maximize financial, environmental, and community benefit
The school and community building sites we have identified will benefit from a long-term secure renewable energy supply, at a fixed low cost. They are also be granted shares in MaidEnergy and benefit from any surplus generated by the business.
MaidEnergy is an independent community business, democratically run, with an asset lock in place. The Society is registered with and reports to the FCA (30926R). The solar installations are owned and managed by MaidEnergy.